Our Communities of Practice (CoPs) are forums comprising of specialist professionals from various disciplines pertinent to running a university.
These groups meet on a regular basis to share knowledge and information, to network and foster collaboration of public universities on national initiatives, and to support one another by discussing common concerns and devising collective solutions for specific problems.
The CoPs help us stay abreast of trends and issues in key areas which, in part, influence our strategies. CoPs make recommendations on various matters to the strategy groups which, in turn, report to the Board.
Current Communities of Practice
- Transformation Managers’ Forum – Mr George Mvalo (Chairperson -Vaal University of Technology)
- Skills Development Facilitators’ Forum – Ms Shahieda Hendricks (Chairperson – Cape Peninsula University of Technology)
- Registrars’ Imbizo – Mr Hugh Amoore (Chairperson – University of Cape Town)
- HR Directors’ Forum – Dr Kgomotso Kasonkola (Chairperson – University of the Witwatersrand)
- HIV & Aids Educators’ Forum – Prof Naydene De Lange (Chairperson – Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University)
- Finance Executives’ Forum -Mr Jaco van Schoor (Chairperson – University of Johannesburg)
- Education Deans’ Forum – Prof Sarah Gravett (Chairperson – University of Johannesburg)
- Teaching and Learning of Mathematics – Prof Sarah Johnston (Interim Chairperson – University of South Africa)
- Teaching and Learning of African Languages – Prof Mbulungeni Madiba (Chairperson – University of Cape Town)