Our Communities of Practice (CoPs) are forums comprising of specialist professionals from various disciplines pertinent to running a university.
These groups meet on a regular basis to share knowledge and information, to network and foster collaboration of public universities on national initiatives, and to support one another by discussing common concerns and devising collective solutions for specific problems.
The CoPs help us stay abreast of trends and issues in key areas which, in part, influence our strategies. CoPs make recommendations on various matters to the strategy groups which, in turn, report to the Board.
Communities of Practice – 2023
- Learning in Practice Community of Practice (LiP CoP) — Professor Roelien Brink (Chairperson – University of Johannesburg); Ms Annie Moletsane (Deputy Chairperson – Vaal University of Technology)
- Community of Practice for the Teaching and Learning of African Languages (CoPAL) – Professor Nobuhle Hlongwa (Chairperson – University of Kwa-Zulu Natal); Professor Lolie Makhubu-Badenhorst (Deputy Chairperson – University of Cape Town)
- Community of Practice for the Teaching and Learning of Mathematics Community of Practice (TLM CoP) – Dr Pragashni Padayachee (Chairperson–University of Cape Town); Professor Alfred Msomi (Deputy Chairperson – Mangosuthu University of Technology)
- Skills Development Facilitators’ Forum (SDF) – Mr Stephen Tsebela (Chairperson – Nelson Mandela University)
- Higher Education Sustainability Community of Practice (HES CoP) – Chairperson is Dr Thelma Louw (University of South Africa)
- Human Resource Directors’ Forum (HRD) – Dr Kgomotso Kasonkola (Chairperson – University of the Witwatersrand)
- Finance Executives’ Forum (FEF) – Mr Manie Regal (Chairperson – University of the Western Cape); Mr Hardy Maritz (Deputy Chairperson – University of Cape Town)
- Transformation Managers’ Forum (TMF) – Mr George Mvalo (Chairperson – Vaal University of Technology)
- Education Deans’ Forum (EDF) – Professor Chika Sehoole (Chairperson – University of Pretoria)
- Registrars’ Forum – Professor Adele Moodley (Chairperson – Rhodes University)
- Community of Practice on Postgraduate Education and Scholarship (CoP PGES) – Professor Stephanie Burton (Interim Chairperson –University of Pretoria)