Our Communities of Practice (CoPs) are forums comprising of specialist professionals from various disciplines pertinent to running a university.
These groups meet on a regular basis to share knowledge and information, to network and foster collaboration of public universities on national initiatives, and to support one another by discussing common concerns and devising collective solutions for specific problems.
The CoPs help us stay abreast of trends and issues in key areas which, in part, influence our strategies. CoPs make recommendations on various matters to the strategy groups which, in turn, report to the Board.
Communities of Practice
- Community of Practice for the Teaching and Learning of African Languages (CoPAL) – Prof Mbulungeni Madiba (Chairperson –University of Cape Town); Prof Pamela Maseko (Deputy Chairperson — Rhodes University)
- Community of Practice for the Teaching and Learning of Mathematics Community of Practice (TLM CoP) – Prof Rajen Govender (Chairperson-University of the Western Cape); Prof Alfred Msomi (Deputy Chairperson – Mangosuthu University of Technology)
- Skills Development Facilitators’ Forum (SDF) – Mr Michael Cloete (Chairperson – University of KwaZulu-Natal)
- Human Resource Directors’ Forum (HRD) – Dr Kgomotso Kasonkola (Chairperson – University of the itwatersrand)
- Finance Executives’ Forum (FEF) – Mr Manie Regal (Chairperson – University of the Western Cape )
- Transformation Managers’ Forum (TMF) – Mr George Mvalo (Chairperson – Vaal University of Technology)
- Education Deans’ Forum (EDF) – Dr Muki Moeng (Chairperson – Nelson Mandela University)
- Registrars’ Imbizo – Ms Nita Lawton-Misra (Chairperson – University of the Western Cape)