Our Communities of Practice (CoPs) are forums comprising of specialist professionals from various disciplines pertinent to running a university.
These groups meet on a regular basis to share knowledge and information, to network and foster collaboration of public universities on national initiatives, and to support one another by discussing common concerns and devising collective solutions for specific problems.
The CoPs help us stay abreast of trends and issues in key areas which, in part, influence our strategies. CoPs make recommendations on various matters to the strategy groups which, in turn, report to the Board.
Communities of Practice – 2023
- Learning in Practice Community of Practice (LiP CoP) — Professor Roelien Brink (Chairperson – University of Johannesburg); Ms Annie Moletsane (Deputy Chairperson – Vaal University of Technology)
- Community of Practice for the Teaching and Learning of African Languages (CoPAL) – Professor Nobuhle Hlongwa (Chairperson – University of Kwa-Zulu Natal); Professor Lolie Makhubu-Badenhorst (Deputy Chairperson – University of Cape Town)
- Community of Practice for the Teaching and Learning of Mathematics Community of Practice (TLM CoP) – Professor Pragashni Padayachee (Chairperson – University of Cape Town); Professor Kabelo Chuene (Deputy Chairperson – University of Limpopo)
- Skills Development Facilitators’ Forum (SDF) – Mr Stephen Tsebela (Chairperson – Nelson Mandela University)
- Higher Education Sustainability Community of Practice (HES CoP) – Chairperson is Dr Thelma Louw (University of South Africa)
- Human Resource Directors’ Forum (HRD) – Ms Susan Robertson (Chairperson – Rhodes University)
- Finance Executives’ Forum (FEF) – Mr Hardy Maritz (Chairperson – University of Cape Town); Ms Nolwazi Mamorare (Deputy Chairperson – University of Johannesburg)
- Transformation Managers’ Forum (TMF) – Professor Grace Khunou (Chairperson – University of South Africa); Dr Sianne Alves (Deputy Chairperson – University of Cape Town)
- Education Deans’ Forum (EDF) – Professor Chika Sehoole (Chairperson – University of Pretoria)
- Registrars’ Forum – Professor Adele Moodley (Chairperson – Rhodes University)
- Community of Practice on Postgraduate Education and Scholarship (CoP PGES) – Professor Stephanie Burton (Interim Chairperson –University of Pretoria)