Universities South Africa Office
The Office of Universities South Africa is located within the Hadefields Office Park (at 1267 Pretorius Street) in Pretoria. The organisation is led by a Chief Executive Officer (CEO), who is responsible for the leadership and management of the organisation’s overall operations in accordance with the strategic priorities adopted by the Board of Directors. The position is also responsible and accountable for developing and achieving the strategic plan, safeguarding the USAf reputation and profiling the organisation within the Higher Education sector and in society; managing the external and internal operations, and providing consistent high level advice to the Board on operations, policy and planning.
The CEO is supported by the following directorates:
- Operations and Sector Support
- Finance and Administration
The Directorate Operations and Sector Support is responsible for:
- Policy Analysis and Strategic Research, under which most policy analysis and strategic research is co-ordinated;
- Sector Support, including capacity development through the Higher Education Leadership and Management (HELM) Programme; and
- The Matriculation Board
The Directorate Finance and Administration is responsible for:
- Financial, Administrative, Human resources and IT management
- Risk management and
- Supply chain management.